TARATARINI DEVELOPMENT BOARD
Regd. No.: GJM No. - 7177-A – 676/2002-2003
Hillpatna, Berhampur – 5, (Ganjam), Orissa
(0680) 2215168, Website: http:/taratarini.nic.in
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Shri Chandrasekhar Kumar, IAS and the new Revenue Divisional Commissioner (RDC) of Southern Division, Odisha has taken over the chairmanship of the Tara Tarini Development Board (TTDB), considered as one of the prominent temple administration bodies of the State. This famous prehistoric religious hill shrine is believed to be the Sthana Peetha (Breast Shrine) of Mata Sati and one amongst the 4 major ancient Shakti centers in India.
As per the convention of the Board, Mr Kumar who has recently joined as the RDC, Southern Division is replacing the outgoing RDC and the Chairman of TTDB Shri Satyabrata Sahu, who has since joined as the Commerce & Transport secretary of Government of Orissa.
It is noteworthy that Shri Satyabrata Sahu’s Chairmanship was eventful as it marked the completion of the 1st phase of the magnificent stone temple at Taratarini Hill Shrine and the shrine and its peripheral areas witnessed massive development in the past few years. During his tenure the Board has successfully completed the;
1. Work of the main temple for the Twin Goddesses,
2. Initiated the work of widening of the 999 holy steps with rest sheds,
3. Widening of the roads leading to the hilltop,
4. Completion of drinking water project on the hill top,
5. Constructed the first Aerial “Rope Way” of Eastern India for easy and fastest communication for visitors and
6. Started massive plantation in and around the hill shrine for the maintenance of eco-system.
After taking over the charge Shri Kumar visited the holy shrine and discussed the status of the 2nd phase of work, which is going to commence soon. Board secretary Shri Pramod Panda and other members tabled the primary draft of the second phase of work and it was decided that after thorough consultation, the Board will shortly start the 2nd phase work and will try its best to complete the on-going projects before the commencement of the forthcoming Chaitra Mela.
The TTDB members, office bearers and the temple administration while congratulating Shri Kumar expressed the hope that the Hill Shrine will become a great center of religious and tourist importance in the country under his chairmanship. It is worth mentioning that the second phase work of the temple which will start soon includes;
1. Construction of a huge multipurpose complex on the hilltop, four side-temples, boundary wall and outer protection wall / river side retaining wall to check land sliding and soil erosion at the hilltop.
2. Construction of administrative office on the hilltop.
3. Construction of Bhog Bazaar on the hilltop.
4. Construction of Mundan shade on the hilltop.
5. Construction of a big public utilities complex.
6. Construction of waiting hall for the Rope-way on the hilltop.
7. Further development of Aerial Rope-way.
8. Arrangement of space to accommodate the buildings for ATMs, Lockers, Shoe stands and other facilities.
9. Completion of Kalyana Mandapam.
10. Construction of huge parking space at the hilltop.
11.High quality lighting on the hilltop and inside the temple premises. Lighting arrangement on the 999 holy stone steps and road leading to the Hilltop from Taratarini junction.
12. Further widening of stone steps and arrangement of public utilities/ rest houses.
13. Further widening of the existing road to the Hilltop.
14. Maintenance of eco-system in and around the sacred hill by huge plantation in its nearby areas.
15. Construction of a hospital.
16. Construction of a residential school and training centre for the physically challenged etc.
In-Charge Media & Publicity, Tara Tarini Development Board (TTDB)
Thursday, 19 November 2009
New chairman takes over charge of Taratarini Development Board
TARATARINI DEVELOPMENT BOARD